- You ar here :
- Home > News
- N&S Awards - 2011 Prize Winners
- 3rd November, 2011, .
- During The Obese Species international conference (held in Erice, Sicily between 21 and 26 October), the N&S Awards jury presented the 2011 prize winners.
- For the second year running, the Nutrition & Santé group underlined its tangible, proactive commitment to scientists and clinical practitioners by awarding two prizes for obesity and weight management research: the Science Award for Obesity Research and the Medical Award for Weight Management.
During The Obese Species international conference (held in Erice, Sicily between 21 and 26 October), the N&S Awards jury presented the two 2011 prize winners with their awards on Saturday 22 October, while also nominating another entry for a Special Distinction Award
Science Award for Obesity Research
Prize Winner: Pr. Jan Nedergaard (Sweden)
Wenne-Gren Institute - University of Stockholm
Activation of brown adipose tissue to prevent obesity
Medical Award for Weight Management
Prize Winner: Pr. Marta Garaulet Aza (Spain)
Department of Physiology - University of Murcia
Behavioural therapy and Mediterranean diet in the treatment of obesity. The Garaulet method.
Special Distinction: Dr. Arieke Janse (Holland)
Paediatric Department - Hospital Gelderse Vallei – Ede
Childhood obesity: a novel multi-disciplinary approach for young children
Under the presidency of Pr. Wim Saris (Holland), the jury comprised:
- Pr. Michele Carruba (Italy)
Department of Pharmacology, Chemotherapy and Medical Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Milan.
- Pr. Dominique Langin (France)
Professor of Nutrition and Medical Biochemistry Obesity Research Laboratory, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease, CHU Rangueil (Toulouse).
- Pr. Alfredo Martinez (Spain), Professor of Food Sciences and Nutrition. Head of the Department of Physiology and Nutrition at the University of Navarra (Pamplona).
CP N&S Awards 2011 (167.3 Ko)